WP Remix Theme has certainly positioned itself as one the most customizable and feature-rich </span>WordPress themes available. Unlike the majority of premium WordPress Themes WP Remix Theme is not aimed primarily at blogging but offers a wide selection of building blocks turning WordPress into a CMS for building enterprise class websites. WP Remix lets you pick and choose what you want from the available building blocks and allows you to design your pages using it’s custom layout editor and more than 50 predefined page themes.
WP Remix Theme turns WordPress into a powerful CMS
WP Remix theme just might be the most innovative and unique toolkit for WordPress ever created. It has been created as a theme for WordPress but really it is much more. WP Remix enhance the WordPress back-end in a way that makes it much simpler to create unique page layouts. This is done from a large set of predefined themes and this way WP Remix effectively gives WordPress quite powerful CMS capabilities. You may not consider this non-blogging style as typical usage of WordPress but lately it has become more and more common to use it as a CMS for websites. If you where not aware of this and would like to see examples to be inspired you can check out these posts.
- 20+ Awesome Non-Blogging Websites Using WordPress as CMS
- 20 Remarkable Examples of Websites Powered by WordPress
WP Remix Theme has a clean and simple layout that makes it simple to customize. Check out the WP Remix Showcase page to see some of the many different sites it supports.
As most people you will not understand the capabilities if WP Remix until they have tried it out or until they have seen demo site. It will be instantly clear for you that this is not just another typical theme for WordPress. The demo site cover all the features and layouts of the theme and this makes it really simple to fx. check out the available home page layouts to figure out which one fits your needs best. Browsing through the demo will make you realise that WP Remix is in fact a design kit for WordPress providing all the features listed below:
- 10 different home page layouts: regardless of if you need a storefront, blog, video site, newspaper/magazine theme, service statement or static corporate layout
- Traditional WordPress blog layout: Besides all the other features WP Remix offers one of the best blog themes available with all the features a demanding blogger will need.
- Feature list layouts: WP Remix has page templates with professional grade icon sets and layouts that can be very useful for creating product specification lists etc.
- User profile layout: A dedicated page layout that effectively organizes photos and bios of your staff.
- 5 Gallery and Portfolio layouts: Display images, thumbnail style, with or without captions in five unique ways, including a “portfolio” setup making this theme interesting for photographers and graphic designers.
- Testimonials layout: Any business service can benefit from customer testimonials. With WP Remix you can present testimonials easily the right way: each testimonial is pre-formatted with CSS to fit the template you’ve seen on professionally designed sites, featuring quotes and call-out boxes.
- Tabbed navigation layouts: WP Remix lets you organize your content on a page using tabs in a very simple way.
- Smart drop-down menus: WP Remix provides a truly dynamic drop-down menus that go multiple levels deep and keeps track on the active page. This is a key enhancement on top if the regular WordPress meny.
- FAQs layouts: Your frequently asked questions page will be simple to create and yet look right. Click a FAQ, and it will sink down, revealing the answer. Simply click it again to contract back up – this feature may be useful for any type of content.
- 5 e-Commerce site page layouts: Five unique “product gallery” layouts serve up five different ways to present products to your customers, complete with “submit” and/or “more info” buttons, taking you to expanded information pages.
- Hierarchical layouts: WP Remix allow you to set separate templates for home page to main page to sub-main page to sub-sub-main page and so forth. For each page you will be able to select between 6 sidebar templates.
- Plan comparisons layouts: Most web-based software offerings and hosting companies offer different variants of their products. A well known example is the that compare “basic, silver, gold” packages, with green checkmarks or dots highlighting the features that are included. With WP Remix you can create comparison lists quite simple.
- Process Step layout: Process Step pages can be useful to communicate a process to users.
- 2, 3 or no-column layouts: WP Remix makes it simple to configure if a page should have column(s) or not. This is one of the features that would be useful out of the box in wordpress and that most premium themes are lacking.
Administration Area has been improved to support CMS features
WP Remix has its own visual editor: once you install WP Remix, you’ll be able to visit a special control panel within your WordPress administration area, in which you can fine tune individual pages of your WP Remix driven website. Here’s a feature list for WP Remix:
- WYSIWYG editor: WP Remix has an expanded code editor. It allows you to drop in code from predefined layouts that would otherwise have to be manually typed.
- Over 50 themes included in a single package: Inside WP Remix there are so many themes that you can pick and choose from, customize, edit and tweak to fit your content. Flexibility is what describes WP Remix best!
- Modules: WP Remix has its own module interface. With this feature, you can install modules into WP Remix fx. shopping cart and dynamic photo gallery. As a member, you’ll have access to more modules, especially as new ones are developed on a regular basis! One of the modules that may be interesting to check out is the Magazine Module providing 5 unique Magazine styles for WP Remix.
Check out the WP Remix Theme Demo!
Whether you’re a small business owner, blogger, affiliate marketer, freelance designer etc. WP Remix’s wide selection of layouts and features will make it fit your needs and it is certainly a worth considering enhancement of the very popular and feature rich WordPress system.
If you want to see more themes with great design and features I recommend this article: 60 Best WordPress Themes Showcase