Step By Step Guide to Get Your Website Build Today
>> How To Choose The Right Hosting and Domain Name <<
Bluehost is one of the best hosting companies in 2016 and they have fair price with a free domain name included. They also have a money back guarantee so no worries if you regret.
Click here to get started, then follow the easy steps in the tutorial below.
1. Register your domain name.
Before you get started you need to decide on a good domain name. It should be short, catchy and easy to remember. See this article for more information and tips.
If you decide to host your new website on Bluehost you can also register a domain through them. This will make the whole process very easy and straight forward. Bluehost will give you a free domain name when you sign up.
2. Buy hosting for your blog.
3. Connect your domain and your hosting.
4. Install WordPress.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links (at no extra cost to you). I recommend that you do your own independent research before purchasing any product or service. This article is not a guideline, a recommendation or endorsement of specific products.
1. Install And Activate Blogify Theme
- Download Blogify.zip to your computer
- Log in to WordPress Dashboard
- Go to Appearance > Themes
- Click on Add New at the top
- Click on Upload theme tab
- Upload Blogify.zip file and click Activate
If you want more information please go to this tutorial on WPBeginner.
2. Create a Custom Menu
Now the theme is installed. Next step is to create a custom menu on your website.
- First go to Appearance > Menus
- Click create a new menu
- Give your Custom Menu a name e.g. Main Menu
- Click Create Menu
Next step is to add relevant pages and categories to the menu.
- Open the tab called Pages or Categories
- Select the View All to bring up a list of all the categories
- Select the pages and categories that you want to add to the menu by clicking the check box next to each page or category
- Click the Add to Menu button located at the bottom of the tab
- Click Save Menu
Rearrange Menu: You can “drag and drop” the menu items to rearrange them. If you want to add subcategories just ‘drag’ the category to the right until you see the dashed line move in. Then just ‘drop’ it there.
The last step is to Set The Menu Location
- Click on the Manage Locations tab at the top of the Menus page. (This tab will not be visible until you have created at least one menu.)
- You will see the available Theme Locations. (This theme has 1 menu location called Primary Menu)
- Select the custom menu that you wish to display in this location from the drop down box.
- Click Save Changes
3. Custom Background
4. Default Layout Configuration
5. Specific Layout Per Post/Page
6.Set up Homepage Featured Slider
7. Custom CSS
8. How to Disable Page Comments
9. Recommended Image Sizes
10. How to set up Blog Page
12. Social Icons
13. Change color scheme
14. Footer copyright information