It is become quite common to build a WordPress store for small business owner. It is cheaper and simpler to get started this way but WordPress may not match all features in the large e-commerce suites. StoreBox is a WordPress ecommerce theme from Templatic that lets you create a fully functional online retail / shopping website with WordPress. Templatic is well know for creating good themes with capabilities that turns WordPress into a fully functional online shop. Using WordPress this way is becoming more and more popular and while there are plugin solution as well Templatics approach gives you everything in one integrated package.
The theme comes in 5 vibrant colour schemes and features a fully customizable front page, 3 different store modes: shopping cart, digital goods or catalogue mode, multiple payment and shipping options, product and order management, affiliate module, coupon code options and much more. Another great way to build an online shop is using opencart templates for the popular Opencart e-commerse system.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links (at no extra cost to you). I recommend that you do your own independent research before purchasing any product or service. This article is not a guideline, a recommendation or endorsement of specific products.
Lets start with having a look at the full page layout of the StoreBox WordPress store theme .
The page template for products allows you to easily set up a professional product presentation where costumers can select various parameters and view additional images. Categories also have unique a page template presenting the products in a category in a nice overview.
WordPress store box Features
- 5 Colour Schemes
- One click auto theme installation
- Fully Customisable Homepage – via dynamic widgets
- 3 Store Modes – Shopping cart, Digital Goods or Catalogue mode
- Product Management – you can add product images and set product weight, colours, price, tax, and stock. You can also set different prices for different sizes, colours, etc
- Multiple Payment Options – PayPal, 2Checkout, Authorize.net, Google Checkout, WorldPay, bank transfer and Cash on Delivery as payment gateway options
- Shipping Options – 4 different shipping options: Ship by flat rate, free, priced based, and weight based
- Manage Tax – you can specify percentage or flat amount of tax to apply on products
- Grid or List Views – option to see the products in list view or grid view
- Affiliate System Module – use it to track sales, set how long affiliate cookies last, set commission percentage, and generate sales reports
- Bulk Product Uploads
- User Registration – users may register on your site and they will have their own user area where they can keep track of their order, manage profile and download purchased digital products
- Order Management – from the admin panel, you can manage the order – approve, process or cancel / reject an order. Email would be automatically sent to the customer as per the status selected
- Email Notifications – You can have emails sent when someone places an order, when a payment has been approved or rejected, and/or when the entire order and payment process is successful
- Coupon Codes – generate coupon codes based on percentage or flat amount
- Integrated Blog
- Auto-resizing product images
- Design Settings – flexible layouts, integrated SEO, change site layout and many more options
- Custom Control Panel
Standard Pack: $65
Developer Pack: $99
Templatic Theme Club (all themes): $299