45 Beautiful and Attractive Handpicked Tumblr Themes

June 24, 2013 · 9 comments

by Dustin Betonio

image

Tumblr is an easy to use, fast-growing blogging platform with a strong emphasis on simple, no hassle content sharing. Some would describe Tumblr as much more attractive and streamlined than Blogger and a lot simpler than WordPress. Tumblr is a form of microblogging which enables users to post texts, images, videos, etc, such that their followers can receive up-to-date entries. The birth of Tumblr was to facilitate such postings.

While Twitter is the number 1 in the microblogging apps space due to it’s huge following and openness. One of the downsides however is the limited ability to customize the personal twitter page, changing background and styling the links is about all you will get. With Tumblr, there is a lot more, you can create a sophisticated unique theme very easily, all you need is a basic knowledge of CSS, and you are good to go…or you can download a theme. You can see more good reasons here to use Tumbler as well. In this article I will do a round up of hand-picked beautiful and attractive Tumblr themes to choose from. Enjoy!

1. Vertetbleu

43. It’s the Interweb

interweb

44. The Fisherman’s Friend

fisherman

45. nine of mine

nine of mine

Want to keep on surfing? You will find even more best Tumblr themes in this article on splashmagazine.com.

Author : Dustin Betonio

Dustin Betonio is a Translation Management graduate at University of Mindanao. His earlier career was devoted on customer service outside the information highway. Currently studying Law in the same University.

Fran December 31, 2011 at 3:01 am

How can I install one of this themes? I really liked “Dainty Fresh” … Can I Install it or not?
I tried clicking the name and I put Install Theme but nothing happened? D:

fitha August 7, 2011 at 8:40 am

Hello, good job you did there :)
I have a question–can I actually install the themes above to my tumblr? I tried clicking on the link but it redirects me to the creator. Thank you!

just john June 13, 2011 at 10:55 pm

So far, every place I’ve looked for Tumblr themes, nobody has bothered to list which elements each theme uses.

I mean, I switch to one theme and then discover that it doesn’t list what a reblog is reblogged FROM, while another fails to mention how many notes a post has, while many others decline to say when a post was posted.

So it would seem a major thing one would look to blog posts like yours would be which themes include what.

(Yeah, I know, I should code one myself.)

lvraa June 13, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Thanks for your input John, will consider this for the next tumblr post.

Sales Seminars February 25, 2011 at 3:42 pm

In today’s social networking world, people seek to post their everyday observations and opinions on their blog in the quickest manner possible. Tumblr is a microblogging platform that allows users to post text, images, videos, links, quotes and audio to their tumblelog, a short-form blog. Users can follow other users, or choose to make their tumblelog private. The service emphasizes ease of use. Tumblr, is a nice fusion of both and is much easier to maintain compared to a full-fledged blog. This is our first post which belong to Tumblr, this showcase will highlight some really useful professional Tumblr themes that you can use to give a personal touch to your Tumblr space.

Dzinepress February 18, 2011 at 12:01 pm

really well designed themes.

Spencer from Faq Agent February 18, 2011 at 2:22 am

For my personal blog I use blogger, do you think it would be wise for me to transfer to tumblr? If I do transfer, will the Facebook like counts reset?

Lars February 18, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Really depends on your needs. I prefer WordPress myself for traditional blogging and most other purposes… Changing platform may change your urls and then your will loose facebook counts and even worse google organic traffic. There are solutions for this and the simplest possible of course is to keep the same url structure… not always easy though but im most cases it is possible.