TweetAdder Get Twitter Followers Fast

July 21, 2011 · 35 comments

TweetAdder Get Twitter Followers Fast

Let me show you how Tweet Adder helps me get twitter followers on autopilot

Twitter has become one of the largest and most active on-line social networks ever existed. Did you know that twitter attracted more than 22 million unique visitors every month in 2009? Do you think this number will grow in 2010 and 2011? The way Twitter works makes it ideal for being heard and getting a message out to thousands of individuals. Unfortunately it is not as simple as it sounds. On Twitter you need to earn the right to be heard, meaning you need followers and you need to make an impact on them to avoid being ignored or un-followed. Some people describe Twitter as a huge never ending cocktail party where people come and go from all over the world. In my opinion the analogy is quite good because it is fundamentally the same rules for human interaction that apply. Even thought there are no direct face to face contact on Twitter you will be noticed if you’re active, take initiative, bring something to the table and avoid sitting quiet for yourself in the corner. Problem is – even if you’re a natural talent in communication and networking it is a though job (if not impossible) to interact personally with thousands of followers. This is where tools can come in handy to assist you – there are plenty to pick from on the twitter scene but I found one that fills in all the gaps. Lets take a look at what TweetAdder can do for you to Get Twitter Followers Fast. (be aware that I promote TweetAdder in this article, however I do this because I use it and find it useful for others as well)

Before you read on you need to understand that TweetAdder is not free. I have purchased a license to try it out and I found it very useful for building and maintaining a Twitter presence. The tests I have done have shown that it is possible to increase the number of twitter followers significantly! However please understand that twitter is a social network and you can’t ignore the “social” part if you want to have success using twitter. There is certainly an ethical problem with this guide and you should seriously consider if it is the right track for you.

Update April 30th 2011:

More than a year have passed and I still use TweetAdder all the time – or more correctly – it is running and doing tasks for me all the time. When this article was written I had almost 3700 followers and now I have almost 17000. The latest version have automation features making it possible to spend 1-2 hours a month once you know what to do. Does it still work well to get more followers?  Oh yes!

The reason for this update is that I just discovered something interesting. I have been travelling for 2 weeks now and before I started my trip I stopped TweetAdder for the first time in months. The blog and my regular postings to twitter have been taken care of by someone I work closely with and I beleive the only real change is TweetAdder not running. See for yourself on the graph here how it helps me get more twitter followers. Over the last two weeks it goes from good constant increase to a situation where the number of followers is constant.

tweet adder results

Update Juli 21st 2011:

I just checked up again after using TweetAdder again daily for a period. The graph below speaks for itself and clearly shows that my conclusion in the update above was right. TweetAdder really helps me to get more twitter followers. Please understand that TweetAdder has been updated and have a new and improves user interface. The screenshots in the review below have not been updated yet, but the new version have the same features and even more.

tweet adder really works

How to get started using TweetAdder

First you need to get a copy of TweetAdder and install it. You can start out with a free trail version before deciding if TweetAdder is really valuable for you. It is supported on Windows and MacOS. Once you open up the program you will see the following login screen. You will be able to manage multiple twitter account from here and fire up automated tasks without opening the main window. You need a license for each Twitter account that you add.

tweetadder login screen

Once you click the login button you access the main TweetAdder window. In this window you will see the relevant statistics of your Twitter account to the left. At the top you will see followsers/following stats and a to-do overview. The todo overview lets you know if there are users you have followed that have not followed you back within the time-frame specified and the number of new followers you should consider to follow back to maintain them as followers. The “Updates to post” is the pre-loaded Tweets that TweetAdder will send for you over time to simulate that you’re online. This can all be automated as you will see in a minute. Below basic stats you can see how your are doing over time, 1 day, 7 days, 30 days etc.

tweetadder follow window

Find targeted twitter users to follow and be followed back with TweetAdder

Ok this is probably one of the most important features of TweetAdder. Searching is fast and you can easily sort the columns making it possible to find the right Twitter accounts to follow. There are five search types that all are useful but target different needs. My personal favorite is “Search by Profile Data”. Why? What it does is to search users bio for a keyword match. This means that you can look up all users that have written fx. “wordpress” in their bio. This is quite useful for following users that you know will be interested in your site/blog and tweets. This makes it much more likely that they will follow you back. You can add multiple keyword to narrow the search by adding a + before the keyword “+wordpress +designer”.

tweetadder search options

All of the search types will open a new window with all the information you need to analyze users. One really important feature is the ability to sort the columns. The following column is interesting because users that follow back thousands of other users are likely to follow you back automatically. So sorting as shown below makes it easy to find users that match this requirement. You can also see how many followers they have and how many updates they tweeted. I normally use the Check all feature and uncheck the few I don’t want to follow. You can sort on the different columns and see if there are empty and odd looking fields. I don’t follow those as there are plenty to take from.

tweetadder search result

Once the users have been checked and the “Save Checked Rows” button have been clicked the users are saved and can be automatically followed using the follow tab. If you have keywords that are really great for you and you have followed everyone returned on the search as shown above you may want to repeat the exercise after some weeks. This is because twitter is dynamic and more relevant followers will come. Also some users may not have followed you back the first time and may to it the second or third. It is important though that you don’t abuse the power you get with TweetAdder. Use it to automate and be faster but don’t do anything that you could not do yourself if you invested a lot of hours! When you repeat the process on a keyword TweetAdder will instantly filter twitter id that are duplicates and you will not waste time and twitter API usage on resending.

tweet adder status window

TweetAdder will put a predefined delay between each follow. On the follow tab you can also follow back new followers simply be clicking a button. You will also be able to make this happen automatically by checking a few check boxes on the Automation tab. As a rule of thumb you should not follow more than 250 users a day. It is important to be patient and just let tweet adder work for you every day. Sending thousands of follows within a short time frame is possible but will not be appreciated by twitter and will look very unnatural. Also make sure you spread the activity out to make it look as if a human is doing it. I prefer to have 5 – 25 seconds between each follow.

TweetAdder Follow screen

On the unfollow tab you can drop users that are not following you back. This is quite important to maintain a reasonable ratio between number og followers and number of users being followed. If someone is not following you back you need a specific reason and interest to keep following him/her.You will be albe to configure quite detailed how the unfollowing rules are. As for the following of user you need to keep your number of unfollows per day at a reasonable level. Aslo make a delay between the unfollows to make it look human. The unfollowing can be fully automated on the Automation tab.

tweetadder unfollow window

Automate Messages, Tweets and Replies with TweetAdder

The Messages, Tweets and Replies tabs are quite similar but as the names tell us the first one is designed to automate sending direct messages to your followers. Be careful not to spam other people with this feature and use it fx. if you can’t be online for a day or two. The second is designed to automatically send Tweets. You can load a list of tweets from a text file and specify the time interval between tweets being sent. This is a great feature to keep your twitter account active but don’t repeat five messages all day long – people will think you’re annoying and unfollow you. It is very useful for collecting 10-15 tweets with relevant and up to date information and have it spread throughout a day where you are not in the office. The third is for sending replies automatically. I’m not sure how to use this without risking replying to a direct message with something that is way out! Twitter is for networking and taking back on autopilot may be possible but need to be used carefully.

tweetadder automated scheduled tweet sending

The automation Tab

At the Automation tab you can configure TweetAdder to run fully on autopilot. It will use all the configuration you have set up on the previous tabs and let you sit back and let the tool do the work.

tweetadder automation tab

My TweetAdder results on tripwire magazine

I have experienced that using TweetAdder can help finding targeted followers that you share interest with. This is great but it should not be used with the wrong intensions. If you get followers that you have nothing in common with they will probably unfollow you after a few days and then the effort is wasted. To illustrate the effect I have included the graph below from http://twittercounter.com/tripwiremag/month/followers. It is clear from the chart when I sent targeted follows (where you see the the highest increase in twitter followers).

twittercounter graph for @tripwiremag

You can try TweetAdder Free here…

Try TweetAdder Today For Free

tweet adder main window

Stryker hip recall August 12, 2013 at 10:06 am

It’s going to be ending of mine day, but before ending I am reading this impressive post to improve my knowledge.

Gwendolyn July 27, 2013 at 8:20 am

It is in reality a nice and useful piece of info. I’m glad that you just shared this useful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

http://www.youtube.com/ July 27, 2013 at 6:59 am

hello there and thank you for your info – I’ve definitely picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this website, as I experienced to reload the site many times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in
google and can damage your high quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords.
Anyway I’m adding this RSS to my email and can look out for much more of your respective interesting content. Ensure that you update this again soon.

Bryant July 18, 2013 at 6:24 am

This can be done across multiple Twitter accounts, although I personally
choose to setup each Twitter account with different keywords to make sure that I
don’t have too many duplicates if I am broadcasting the same message across several accounts. They could pick up a book and get lost in the story rather than having Facebook in the back of their minds, just poking at their conscience persuading them to “just check it”. Another secret for success on Twitter that is steeped in common sense is that you need to provide that useful information often.

Ibana April 29, 2013 at 7:02 pm

I dont trust this, its asking my password.

tesanj January 25, 2013 at 1:55 pm

If you follow 1000 Twitter users today, how many do you think will follow back – 60%, maybe 40%, or maybe even lesser at 20% you say. If you agree to that, it means if you start to follow 1000 new people, at least 200 will follow you back – and if you keep on doing that on a consistent basis you can have thousands of Twitter followers for free!

Get More Followers on Twitter October 17, 2012 at 7:01 pm

We are a gaggle of volunteers and starting a brand new scheme in our community.
Your website provided us with valuable info to work on.

You’ve done an impressive activity and our whole community will be thankful to you.

NativeB September 5, 2011 at 7:46 am

Edited:

The problem with so called social media experts is their obsession with NUMBERS! what is the point of having 10000+ people following you on Twitter when you can’t sell to a single follower?

My advice to businesses on social media is thus:

01: Only publish on Twitter if you have something interesting to tweet regularly (keywords INTERESTING and REGULARLY).
02: Don’t forget your website! Twitter is here today, it might be gone tomorrow. You have no control over what happens with and on Twitter but you do with your website. With every social media network platform you embrace, drive traffic back to your website.
03: Get yourself a social media contact page or business card at http://socially.at and add a link to it in your email signature.
04: Don’t employ anyone calling themselves a Social Media Expert – instead, spend your money on getting a copywriter!

Just my opinion.

NB

Dathan September 5, 2011 at 8:17 pm

@NativeB When I was hired to lead a social media campaign it was a numbers game. They were interested in impressing investors when they weren’t getting sales. If they could show there was popularity increase then at least they had something.

NativeB September 4, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Marian is right. The problem with so called social media expects is their obsession with NUMBERS! what is the point of having 10000+ people following you on Twitter when you can’t sell to a single follower?

My advice to businesses:

Oh and get yourself a social media contact page at http://socially.at

Kathy Dobson February 7, 2011 at 12:20 pm

Yeah I like Tweetadder, really useful tool! In addition I tried http://www.getmorefollowers.biz and got 8,000 followers really quick, give it a try if you got time.

cheap printing December 28, 2010 at 11:26 pm

Thnaks for this, i’ve just started my twitter and it has been really helpful.

Michael Wolfinger October 31, 2010 at 12:11 pm

Thanks for this great resource!

Sondra Carpenter August 11, 2010 at 2:32 am

Thanks for the overview, I have been wondering whether or not to get Tweet Adder. Twitter is a communications tool and any automated applications should not replace actual social connections. If it can speed up tasks that are not personal but simply maintenance or routine tasks it may be worth it.

Social Tool August 4, 2010 at 4:51 am

Interesting read, I’ve been wondering about these automatic twitter follower list. I guess, this is best used for businesses and/or professional accounts.

Angie McKaig July 29, 2010 at 11:41 am

Have to agree with the folks above who say that this is inappopriate – akin to reviewing “email automation” software, which is ALSO used for spam. This kind of automation completely misses the point of social networks – the SOCIAL part.

seofreetool July 28, 2010 at 4:28 am

I am using Hummingbird and it is working ok. I am going to check out the Tweet Adder and have a see which one is suitable.

Timothy July 26, 2010 at 10:46 pm

I’ve heard of Tweet Adder before, but didn’t want to pay the money. I saw this blog last night, quickly browsed it, and then dismissed it. Then today I went through and was unfollowing a lot of people who didn’t seem interested in me following them, didn’t post much, etc. I spent about 3 hours in just the last couple of days doing exactly what this program can do automatically for you. What a time saver! Thanks for posting this. I see you’ve gotten some “nasty” comments, but I do appreciate you posting this and wanted to encourage you in that.

Thank you.

Lyndi July 26, 2010 at 10:56 pm

I recommend using Tweepi (http://tweepi.com) to clean out inactive tweeters or people that aren’t following back. Also a great tool to follow back those who may have slipped under your radar

Lyndi July 26, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Not a huge fan of these sorts of tools however I do appreciate the insider review of them. Considering I had heard a lot and never been able to see what others have been raving about. Thanks for taking the time to provide such an informative case study using the tool. By any chance does Tweet Adder have the ability to mark tweets that have been answered?

tripwire team July 26, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Thanks for giving some positive feedback ;) I don’t think there’s a way to mark tweets that have been answered. However I’m not quite sure exactly what the use case is. Could it be a direct message or mention that you want to see if you have replied? One tool that you may find useful for that is MarketMeTweet. (see my review here: http://www.tripwiremagazine.com/2010/06/effective-automation-and-brand-management-on-twitter-using-marketmetweet-and-tweet-adder.html). MarketMeTweet have many nice features and I use it too. The feature you may need is Conversation. Take a look in the review above and see that screenshot illustrating how it works.

Cynthia July 26, 2010 at 9:49 am

very very useful post for me~

I will make some configuration base on this article!
THANK you!

Dathan Nicholson July 26, 2010 at 8:08 am

Twitter explicitly states that they prohibit using any automation period except auto-follow backs (however they acknowledge that they don’t monitor auto DMs and suggest that anyone who uses them could be blocked) therefore if you care about your twitter account then you wouldn’t take the chance of using the API to follow or unfollow people in massive numbers because that’s an immediate flag, why risk getting on their radar and being suspended if you’ve got the name you want? Use autohotkey with random numbers… Tweet Adder has a good search service though.

tripwire team July 26, 2010 at 9:22 pm

I agree with you Dathan – anyone using automation tools with services like twitter must use it carefully. If you send 10.000 follows in four hours something is not right and you put pressure on the API services. Twitter will not accept this kind of behavior of course. But if you use a tool to automate tasks you would have done manually anyway I’m sure you will not face any trouble.

Dathan Nicholson July 27, 2010 at 1:58 am

I’m currently running a Twitter marketing campaign and we’ve decided that our company won’t use Tweet Adder because Twitter explicitly stated that no automation is acceptable and Tweet Adder uses automation, losing our brand as our screen name is not something we’re willing to gamble. Like I said, AutoHotKey along Tweet Adder’s search results of the profiles does the same thing but doesn’t use the API which shouldn’t raise any red flags at Twitter.

jazzy July 25, 2010 at 9:38 pm

good info

tanushri July 25, 2010 at 3:00 pm

to encourage this kind of spamming on a valid, honest social network is utterly shameful and irresponsible. this post should be deleted at once.

tripwire team July 26, 2010 at 10:21 am

I did not mean to offend anyone with this post and if you read it as I encourage spamming you got it wrong. I think there is a difference between spamming and automation. Most twitter tools have the ability to schedule posts and some people use it. It is all about the content you write and how often you send it. Using the search feature in tweet adder to find relevant people to engage with is very useful. You may follow each user manually if you like but you can also automate it and use the time on creating good tweets instead.

Marian Schembari July 26, 2010 at 10:26 am

Hm, I think you make a good point – one that definitely wasn’t made clear in the actually post. A service where you can easily find related people is great. The thing is, just searching for bios and base your follow decision on that doesn’t actually give you and idea of the tweeter’s content. And in regards to the Tripwire account, why follow people at all if you’re not going to engage them? Essentially you’re only following them to get followers yourself – which doesn’t seem to me like a particularly honest way to go about it.

tripwire team July 26, 2010 at 9:07 pm

Marian, thanks for your view on how to get the most out of twitter. I believe twitter is a lot and large enough to be different things to different people. Tripwire magazine mainly provide value through content on posts and I use twitter as a communication channel when new posts are published. It is really similar to RSS or mailing lists but it is just another platform. I don’t think it is more or less honest than how others may use twitter. If the posts we publish on the magazine gives you value and you use twitter a lot you can benefit from being a follower. Having said that I appreciate your input and I know I could get a lot more out of twitter if I spent more time on it. I hope I will at some point but you know time is always a bottleneck ;)

Marian Schembari July 25, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Wow. I can’t believe you’re advocating the use of an automated Twitter tool. I usually NEVER leave nasty comments so I’m going to try and understand the fact that Twitter can be overwhelming, time consuming and frustrating for a lot of people. But if you want to actually GET something out of Twitter you really need to put the time and effort into building and maintaining those relationships with all your followers.

So I’m curious: You say you’ve gotten 10,000 followers by using this tool and it’s obviously shown an increase in traffic. You say you’re linking to a product or post. But I’ve checked your Twitter page and that’s ALL you do. No engaging with your followers, no asking or answering questions. No talking about anything by yourselves.

Sorry, but this isn’t how Twitter works. I may only have 2,000 followers – which took me a year and A LOT of Tweeting – but I regularly engage with most of them, I get all my clients through the traffic that results from those followers and my blog gets a good amount of comments. I’m not seeing comments here. I’m not seeing engagement of any kind.

I’m sorry to be so snippy, but just because you got lots of followers fast doesn’t mean you have any idea how to use Twitter to grow a community, not *just* an audience.

Jennifer R July 28, 2010 at 6:04 am

Well, I agree with you, nothing is easy and Twitter is the same.