Tweet Adder How To Get More Twitter Followers Fast

July 21, 2011 · 41 comments

Tweet Adder How To Get More Twitter Followers Fast

Let me show you how Tweet Adder helps me get more twitter followers on autopilot. Before you read on you need to understand that Tweet Adder is not free. I have purchased a license to try it out and I found it very useful for building and maintaining my Twitter presence and worth every penny. In fact I think it is so good that I need to recommend it and explain how it works.

Twitter has become one of the largest and most active on-line social networks ever existed. The way Twitter works makes it ideal for being heard and getting a message out to thousands of individuals. Unfortunately it is not as simple as it sounds. On Twitter you need to earn the right to be heard, meaning you need followers and you need to make an impact on them to avoid being ignored or un-followed. Some people describe Twitter as a huge never ending cocktail party where people come and go from all over the world. In my opinion the analogy is quite good because it is fundamentally the same rules for human interaction that apply. Even thought there are no direct face to face contact on Twitter you will be noticed if you’re active, take initiative, bring something to the table and avoid sitting quiet for yourself in the corner. Problem is – even if you’re a natural talent in communication and networking it is a though job (if not impossible) to interact personally with thousands of followers. This is where automation tools can come in handy to assist you. Lets take a look at what Tweet Adder can do for you.

Update April 30th 2011:

More than a year have passed and I still use Tweet Adder all the time – or more correctly – it is running and doing tasks for me all the time. When this article was written I had almost 3700 followers and now I have almost 17000. The latest version have automation features making it possible to spend 1-2 hours a month once you know what to do. Does it still work well to get more followers?  Oh yes!

The reason for this update is that I just discovered something interesting. I have been travelling for 2 weeks now and before I started my trip I stopped Tweet Adder for the first time in months. The blog and my regular postings to twitter have been taken care of by someone I work closely with and I beleive the only real change is Tweet Adder not running. See for yourself on the graph here how it helps me get more twitter followers. Over the last two weeks it goes from good constant increase to a situation where the number of followers is constant.

tweet adder results

Update Juli 21st 2011:

I just checked up again after using Tweet Adder again daily for a period. The graph below speaks for itself and clearly shows that my conclusion in the update above was right. Tweet Adder really helps me to get more twitter followers. Please understand that Tweet Adder has been updated and have a new and improves user interface. The screenshots in the review below have not been updated yet, but the new version have the same features and even more.

tweet adder really works

How to get started using Tweet Adder

To get more twitter followers, first you need to get a copy of Tweet Adder and install it. You can start out with a demo version before deciding if Tweet Adder is really valuable for you. It is supported on Windows and MacOS. Once you open up the program you will see the following login screen. You will be able to manage multiple twitter account from here and fire up automated tasks without opening the main window. You need a license for each Twitter account that you add.

tweet adder login screen

Once you click the login button you access the main Tweet Adder window. In this window you will see the relevant statistics of your Twitter account to the left. At the top you will see followsers/following stats and a todo overview. The todo overview lets you know if there are users you have followed that have not followed you back within the time-frame specified and the number of new followers you should consider to follow back to maintain them as followers. The “Updates to post” is the pre-loaded Tweets that Tweet Adder will send for you over time to simulate that you’re online. This can all be automated as you will see in a minute. Below basic stats you can see how your are doing over time, 1 day, 7 days, 30 days etc.

tweet adder main window

Use Tweet Adder to find targeted twitter users

Ok this is probably one of the most important features of Tweet Adder that I believe is critical for the ability to get more twitter followers fast. Searching is fast and you can easily sort the columns making it possible to find the right Twitter accounts to follow. There are five search types that all are useful but target different needs. My personal favorite is “Search by Profile Data”. Why? What it does is to search users bio for a keyword match. This means that you can look up all users that have written fx. “wordpress” in their bio. This is quite useful for following users that you know will be interested in your site/blog and tweets. This makes it much more likely that they will follow you back. You can add multiple keyword to narrow the search by adding a + before the keyword “+wordpress +designer”.

tweet adder search options

All of the search types will open a new window with all the information you need to analyse users. One really important feature is the ability to sort the columns. The following column is interesting because users that follow back thousands of other users are likely to follow you back automatically. So sorting as shown below makes it easy to find users that match this requirement. You can also see how many followers they have and how many updates they tweeted.

tweet adder search result

Once the users have been checked and the “Save Checked Rows” button have been clicked the users are saved and can be automatically followed using the follow tab. Tweet Adder will put a predefined delay between each follow. On the follow tab you can also follow back new followers simply be clicking a button. You will also be able to make this happen automatically by checking a few check boxes on the Automation tab.

Update Juli 21st 2011:

The search capabilities in latest release of Tweet Adder has been significantly improved and now it can search automatically if it runs out of users to follow.

Tweet Adder automatic follow and unfollow functionality

tweet adder follow window

On the unfollow tab in Tweet Adder you can drop users that are not following you back. This is quite important to maintain a reasonable ratio between number og followers and number of users being followed. If someone is not following you back you need a specific reason and interest to keep following him/her because you want to get more twitter followers not to follow as many as possible.You will be albe to configure quite detailed how the unfollowing rules are. Again this can be automated on the Automation tab.

tweet adder unfollow window

How Tweet Adder can post for you 24/7

The Messages, Tweets and Replies tabs are quite similar but as the names tell us the first one is designed to automate sending direct messages to your followers. Be careful not to span other people with this feature. The second is designed to automatically send Tweets. You can load a list of tweets from a text file and specify the time interval between tweets being sent. This is a great feature to keep your twitter account active but don’t repeat five messages all day long – people will think you’re annoying and unfollow you. It is very useful for collecting 10-15 tweets with relevant and up to date information and have it spread throughout the day. If you have a blog you can also use this feature to keep posting your best posts to the twitter community. I will for sure give you more traffic but again keep it at The third is for sending replies automatically. I’m not sure how to use this without risking replying to a direct message with something that is way out! Twitter is for networking and taking back on autopilot may be possible but need to be used carefully. tweet adder tweet automation

I have experienced a impressive increase in number of followers since I started using Tweet Adder. You can see the results in the graph below from http://twittercounter.com/tripwiremag/month/followers. I have not spent more than 5-10 min. a day experimenting and the number of daily new followers have increased significantly over the last two weeks. I hope you can get the same results!

tweet adder results

You can try Tweet Adder Free here…

get tweet adder now

shooter June 3, 2012 at 11:21 am

Does it work now? I have heard that it was taken down?

Julia May 22, 2012 at 9:02 pm

I have two questions-

1. can you sync your tweets from twitter adder to a facebook page?

2. are you able to look at your twitter feed and specific lists from the twitter adder window?

thank you.

Jerry January 7, 2012 at 11:31 am

I’m having trouble now just today for the first time.

My activity log shows tweet adder tweeting but not showing in my Twitter account.

??? I’ve never seen this happen in all the months I’d been using it.

Any suggestions on correcting this unusual behavior?

Christ January 7, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Go into your twitter settings and untick the https security. Should work fine after that. I had the same issue.

Harv Whitman December 15, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Hi Lars, Thanks for all the updates. I’ve been using TweetAdder for over a year now and have definitely seen the benefit. I, likewise, did an experiment with TA by turning it off, but went a step further and monitored my tweeted landing sites during the off period. I had a nice number of hits right up to the point I turned off TA, and my hits went to almost zero for the 2 days TA was off. Then after turning it back on, the site hits returned to normal values. WOW, quite an eye opener how TA is able to drive immediate traffic. I would also caution users to be very cautious about scheduling, following, and and repeating messages in their settings since nobody likes spam. I can also help with settings if anyone needs it. Thanks again for a great article! Kindest Regards, Harv Whitman

Adam December 15, 2011 at 7:53 am

I’m reading the manual right now, but I’m not sure what you’re asking me. I don’t see the term API used in the manual. EEK ! :S

Chris January 5, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Hi Adam,

I am having exactly the same issue! Were you able to resolve this (and if so how?!). Cannot get a response from Tweet Adder support. Thanks in advance.

Adam December 15, 2011 at 1:48 am

Lars,

I just bought tweetadder yesterday and it’s a newer version than the one you talk about in this article. Would you mind helping me a bit?

I’ve set it to follow a bunch of people that I found via search terms and it says it’s following people right now on automatic setting. The problem is- when I log into my twitter account, my following list hasn’t increased. Confused! Any help would be appreciated.

Lars December 15, 2011 at 7:37 am

Hi Adam
Have you tried using the manual follow to test it can write to twitters API using your account?

andrew miller September 29, 2011 at 11:44 am

I have so far had major issues with this version in just 4 days of use. today I have had 7 crashes alone. A complete re-start, you name it – still crashes. I am not a happy person with the lack of customer support either.

Lars September 29, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Sorry to hear this Andrew! My Tweetadder is running in the background without needing my attention and it just keeps serving as it should.

Harv Whitman August 26, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Hi Lars, Still a great site even if it is a little dated.
I’ve used Tweet Adder for over 9 mo now and have increased hits to my sites immensely. Based on tracking this is I’m due to Twitter and Tweet Adder. However, just recently the hits dropped significantly. When I look at my twitter account, the Tweet Adder tweets are not showing. I can post so the account is not suspended. Are you aware of Twitter doing any filtering or blocking? I’ve searched the web for this answer but nothing.
Nice thorough job here BTW.
Regards, Harv

Harv Whitman December 15, 2011 at 4:47 pm

A follow up to my above post, late and I apologize. I found that switching from tiny.url shortened links to goo.gl shortened links got me back to where I was. Kind regards, Harv

Mike May 4, 2011 at 12:35 am

Well this is a pretty dated thread but still holds relevance. Lisa, I liked your last statement about people expecting a lot for their dollar these days when it comes to software.
I’ve had TweetAdder maybe eighteen months now and had occasional problems with it during that time. Got one now hence reading this thread.
However, most of the time the program works well. I had it set up sending out random tweets from a long list every few minutes, 24/7; rinse and repeat. I would get about 100 new followers most days. It got me from nothing to 8000 followers in a few months. I noticed new followers were slowing so I cleared out the tweet list and started afresh. Happy now for slower growth but it has made a good base to build on. Anyway I’m just saying this so people know the program does actually work and does a good job, just with occasional problems at update time. Cheers.

Lars May 4, 2011 at 6:59 am

Mike thanks for the input. I fully agree with you that sometimes when they send out updates some users experience some issues. Having said that this is an awesome piece of software.

Julius-Money Maker Sites February 9, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Thanks for sharing this info. I would try this to increase my followers and maybe they will visit my blogs too.

Lars February 10, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Julius yes go for it.

Chris January 13, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Hello Lars,

I am still having problem with the tweetadder 3 , I already format my computer and the first software I install is tweetadder and the error is still the same “it’s keep on error upgrade in loop”

I don’t know what to do.

Chris December 26, 2010 at 11:09 am

Hello Lars,

Thank you for the response, where can I find the C:\Program Files (x86)?

JohnnyScience November 17, 2010 at 7:23 pm

I’m really surprised you’ve had problems with customer service, I’ve contacted them a few times & they usually got back to me in a day or two. They were usually pretty helpful.

Emma Hill October 6, 2010 at 7:53 pm

i love to microblog that is why i am very addicted to Twit my daily activities*:”

JohnnyScience October 6, 2010 at 10:37 pm

I’d like to hear a little more on your micro-blogging.

Can you explain a little more on how to micro-blog?

Do you just send small snippets of ideas out all day long?

Whats your approach?

Thanks.

facebook October 12, 2010 at 11:19 pm

thanks Emma Hill

JohnnyScience October 13, 2010 at 4:19 am

I’d like to hear a little more on your micro-blogging.

Can you explain a little more on how to micro-blog?

Do you just send small snippets of ideas out all day long?

Whats your approach?

Steve's SEO Tools October 5, 2010 at 1:36 pm

Best to avoid automation all together except for tweets if like said here, you have a series of tweets to send out each day. 20 to 30 is a good figure, 1 every 10 mins, but not all day; choose an am, pm and evening slot (to capture geographical time differences). The biggest issue is conversions like any other strategy.

JohnnyScience April 20, 2010 at 7:28 pm

How can you really get your follow/follower count up there?

Right now I’m just around 3000 people that I can follow & have about 2700 followers.

Which is great dont get me wrong, but I’ve been using Tweetadder for many months now & its slow to allow me to get a high following/followers count. It seems it has limits as to how many people you can follow.

I realize you need to keep a ratio, but at 3000 that I’m following & 2700 following me, my ratio is almost 1:1. I should be able to go to 2:1 at the very least.

This would then allow that many more people to follow me back quicker which then builds my ratios faster.

I see some people with 25k, 100k people following them.

So how can I can really rush past this 3000 mark?

tripwire team April 20, 2010 at 10:31 pm

@JohnnyScience, There’s no 3K mark??? Have you checked the “stop adding followers when…” check box on the “Follow” Tab? If you keep having this problem you should contact Tweet Adder support.
I think the single most important thing is to follow twitter users that find your tweets, your blog, etc. interesting. If not they will probably not follow back. If you have a design blog it is effective to search on related keywords in twitter profiles ex. design, themes, photoshop etc. You also need to use the auto unfollow feature that will kick twitter users that don’t follow you back. Give them 3-5 days to give you the follow back…

JohnnyScience June 22, 2010 at 10:06 pm

No I do not have it checked, should I? Will I get better ratios? (i.e. more followers or following?)

Also, is it a good idea to have the “stop unfollowing when following to follower ratio reaches 1.5 to 1″ checked?

Right now it’s unchecked…

danfelt October 13, 2010 at 12:09 pm

JohnnyScience, how long did it take to get to 3,000 followers using Tweet Adder and what’s your follower count up to now?

Lars October 13, 2010 at 6:32 pm

I’m sorry but I don’t recall the exact timing. I’m currently at 11K followers.

ListNinja March 15, 2010 at 8:11 pm

This is the best description yet of tweetadder. I have considered it multiple times but this has pushed me over.

tripwire team March 15, 2010 at 8:55 pm

@ListNinja, great to hear your opinion. I’m using it every day and I’m quite sure it is the right solution. It is important though to keep your activities “normal”. Tweet adder is very powerful and you can use it in a way that abuse twitter rules. I have used Tweet adder to build my follower base for nearly a year and I always have 25-40 sec. delay between any action (ex. sending a follow). I also keep the activity to the default number of actions (never sending more than 250 follows per day). Hope this helps!

Hannah Harper February 6, 2010 at 9:30 pm

This seems to be what I’ve been looking for with twitter, I’ll try it out.