If you hunger for more after reading this I will recommend the following articles that all cover related topics.
- 150 Worth Knowing Web Developer Tools and Techniques
- 60+ Must Have jQuery Toolbox
- 25+ Create Amazing Image Effects with Some of the Best jQuery Plugins Available
- 25+ Extensive List of Essential Pop-up Window enhancements
Learn to create really interactive forms with the following features
- Animated field highlighting
- Displaying/hiding instructions for each input field
- Live comment previewing
- Auto-resizing of both the comment preview and it’s corresponding textarea input
- live comment preview with the auto-expansion of the preview and the input textarea
This is Twitter-likechars counter example using MooTools.It is counter decreases, from the max value of available chars in the input field (20 in this example) to zero, while you type something into the input field.
This is a really good looking Calendar script. I has been created as semantic as possible–with proper usage of CAPTION, THEAD, TBODY, TH and TD elements–and lots of CSS styling hooks. View the Calendar stylesheet for examples of the CSS; see the Styling Your Calendar section in the Manual for references to the XHTML.
Calendar has been successfully tested in Safari, Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer. The class requires Mootools 1.1 with Fx.Style, Element and Window. In order to enable dragging, the class also requires the Drag component.
Simple Mootools class that will animate a highlight effect (on focus) of text input and textarea fields in any form.
TextboxList turns normal textboxes into a widget which can be navigated with the keyboard, effectively turning your input into a “list” of items that can be easily deleted. It comes with an Autocomplete plugin.
- optional onFail function.
- optional onSuccess function which will overide the form submition, this can be used to validate an ajax form.
- onBlur validating
- shows errors next to item or in a list.
This plugin allows you to check the username availability without reloading the page.
FormCheck is a class that allows you to perform different tests on form to validate them before submission.
- Works perfect with iMask as it’s complement.
- Multiple forms per page supported.
- Number of verified fields is not limited.
- Number of filters per field is not limited.
- Predefined formats: required, alpha, alphanum, integer, real, date, email, phone, url. (all customizable)
- Support to register missing formats.
- Highlight fields onValid and onInvalid.
- Error reporting just after onBlur.
- Easy to set and maintain.
- Unobstrutive and XHTML Strict friendly.
Just make a form, and this script will add the ability to resize each textarea…if you want to
Awesome looking select box styling with only a few lines of code.
This AutoCompleter script for MooTools provides the functionality for text suggestion and completion. It features different data-sources (local, JSON or XML), a variety of user interactions, custom formatting, multiple selection, animations and much more.
Ever wondered how you could style form elements like checkboxes, radiobuttons and select-fields in a way you like? You tried hard using the most ass-kicking XHTML/CSS tricks, but didn’t succeed without stuffing unnesscesary tags into your sleek sourcecode? Not to speak of the browsers and their “special abilities” in evaluating CSS.
Now this is for you! CFE finally found their way to SourceForge.net and allow you to style your forms individually!