Auto-Twitter your Blog Posts with Twitterfeed

April 19, 2009 · 16 comments

In this post tripwire magazine provides a mini tutorial on how to use Twitterfeed to automatically get your Blog Posts or Website News transferred to Twitter. As your number of Followers on Twitter increase Twitter becomes a better and better source to traffic for you blog or website. For that reason and for giving your followers quick access to your work any new Blog Post or news on you website should instantly get listed as Updates on your Twitter page. This post gives your a simple solution for how to do this.

Introduction

Just realised this morning that all tripwire magazine updates on Twitter is missing… I found a support thread where I can see that it is “just” a database issue at Twitter and I’m not the only one affected… Twitter support seams to be working on it and they will “clean the cache” for you if you post a comment to the support case… Even though Twitter is struggling with their success I think it is a great free service and I have decided to deliver this post even though I got a bit irritated on them? Unfortunately I can show a lat pickture with the post appearing on Twitter but beleive me it works fine if Twitter is not messing sround with their huge databases!

Other relevant resources

120

130+ Enormous Twitter Toolbox

In this article tripwire magazine provides one of the most comprehensive Twitter Toolboxes available. Twitter is becoming increasingly popular and I guess that the main reasons for this is the openess and simplicity of Twitters solution. A lot of Twitter Tools are available today and you can find most of them in this article with short descriptions and illustrations.

Lets get started

Step 1. Go to http://twitterfeed.com

twitterfeed-start

Step 2. Press the [login/register] button in the top right corner and choose you login method. I used Google with success myself but if you don’t use Gmail or other Google online services other login services are available. .

Step 3. Once your in you need to press the “my feeds” link in the top right corner. On the “my feeds” page press the “Create new feed” link.

create-new

Step 4. Fill in the form.You need to supply your Twitter username and password. This is the same for all Twitter add-services because Twitter lacks a integrated security solution. It is a matter of trust and you have to decide for yourself if you will expose your Twitter login… Personally I have no problem with it on this service.

I have changed only the Update Frequency and used the default configuration. If you prefer a specific link service Twitterfeed supports most of them.

create-feed

Step 5. Press create and you will return to the “my feeds” page.

done

Step 6. Check that it works

Next time you post a new article that will appear in you feed you should verify that it will be transferred to Twitter within the next 30 minutes. If it doesn’t you need to login to Twitterfeed and see if the green checkmark is missing and if there is a error message that you can use to solve the issue.

working

Good luck! Post a comment if you have good or bad experience with Twitterfeed or if you know other and maybe better ways to integrate with Twitter.

John September 12, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I have been using an app called AutoTweeterPro for sometime. It’s a small & very easy-to-use software, which tweets from my computer. I am using unlimited trial version,which is as good as free. Hope you will find this tip useful -http://bit.ly/autotweeterPro1

CCENT March 21, 2011 at 2:52 pm

You shared an ideal way how are we going to tweet it and why do we need to do this. Thanks for this!

Todd P. Pennington February 25, 2011 at 10:25 am

Syndication is the best thing nowadays, you can use RSS and now Twitter as one good tool to speed up. I like the method and I love twitter feed too.

Hunting Safaris February 21, 2011 at 9:32 am

I love this stuff because it helps my websites be known on the search engine!

Singam November 19, 2010 at 8:16 am

For Twitter automation i’ve got to say Twimbo from iq143.com was one of the easiest to set up and one of the more intelligent bots. My traffic has doubled since using it and I have a great following on Twitter.

Kate Kutny September 14, 2010 at 8:51 am

I also use plugins for my blog. Wordpress plugins for Twitter are great. I enjoy manually leaving tweets on twitter as well. Thanks for the great post. It was helpful.

Kraig Godden September 7, 2010 at 11:07 am

I have to agree with shaun For Twitter automation i’ve got to say Twimbo from iq143.com was one of the easiest to set up, but twitter feed looks good i will def give it a go

LEE August 31, 2010 at 9:14 am

Now I use plugins wp to twitter for update my blog to twitter account automatically , it’s work for me. :-)

Best Twitter Software August 3, 2010 at 2:36 am

If Twitter is all about personal interaction, doesn’t automation hurt some of that?

Twitter Programs July 27, 2010 at 1:18 pm

This definitely seems like a useful tool – especially for businesses – who want to automate Twitter. That being said, it seems that much of Twitter’s popularity was based on the actual person-to-person interaction that Twitter fostered. Doesn’t automation kill some of that?!?

Twitter funnels July 26, 2010 at 3:44 am

Personally I use google alerts and import the RSS into my blog and then use a wordpress plugin called twitter tools that auto posts it to my twitter account, takes about 5 mins to set up.

Caramoan December 25, 2009 at 6:50 am

Twitter is some ways is much better than blogging. I love to Twitter my everyday activities on my friends and relatives.
***

Owen September 11, 2009 at 12:56 am

I would love to get your feedback on a new twitter service which automatically tweets relevant news (by keywords) or RSS feeds to your Twitter.

What do you think?

For example all tweets here are 100% keyword driven:

shaun September 7, 2009 at 6:14 pm

Paanchajanyadharaaya May 1, 2009 at 4:20 pm

I don’t usually comment on this stuff but I gotta say.. nice blog